Wednesday, March 16, 2011

March Music Review (so Far)


Rating (4.5/5)
as I said Before because of the Delay,Overall its a dope project some of the standout tracks are "Take Me High" "SuperNegroes", "Show You" "Nobody's Perfect" and "The Mirror" Honestly Pac Div Makes mood music, some shit you listen to to get that extra boost w/ your outfit, some you listen to so you can roll around in the whip and vibe out, other shit you listen to for motivation.




Rating (5/5)
I've said it time and time again Dom Kennedy is that nigga, This project is so LA, so West coast So Dom Kennedy, I had to rock my Dodgers hat and my Raiders Hat the whole time I listened to this, makes me feel like I'm back home, just like Levi Maestro said "it Sounds like the streets its the most LA, but its Polished" or somethin like that I agree 100% and we all know Maestro Knows... the standout Tracks on this are "Playa's Punch" "Goodbye" "bet you want me (Now)"-my personal fav, "CDC", and "When You See Love". if The Original Dom Kennedy is a Prelude to what "From the Westside, With love II" is gonna sound like then Late April can't come fast enough.




Rating (4.5/5)
Skinny Nigga of the year Sir Michael Rocks aka #22Bitches came out with the Rocks Report on Monday and I have been bumping it ever since. 25 tracks worth of heat featuring production from Chuck Inglish, Madlib, Productionix, and Ski Beatz. and some pretty damn funny skits, he even remastered S.S. Overall the music is amazing, alot of good features as well. Standout Tracks are "Exing", "Reach", "I See", "Livin it up" and "Banco Populair" this is a good lead up to "Grandmaster Deluxe" and Hopefully "when Fish Ride Bicycles" (The Cool Kids) next month



Rating (3.5/5)
I'm a Big Fan of Chip The Ripper so when this came out I was like yea i put it in and the beats blew my mind Chuck is a master on the boards, but Chips rhymes where just average this go round compared to the "cleveland show" so the music just got all drawn out and meshed into one big drap and i had to stop listening, then i started again and i still couldnt really get into it, but you know not all the tracks are like that there are some good tracks like "Light one Up" and "Plural" and "U.A.F"(ode to the uglies), and "Everyday Chilliiin".

No comments:

Post a Comment