Saturday, December 4, 2010

Thats my word: a quick talk about Chopped & Screwed music



I've always been a fan of screw music since the early days when my homeboy put me up on the old screw tapes I had them all , all the scarface ones, Devin the Dude, the S.U.C., DJ screw tapes etc. , so when ever i can find some good music chopped and screwed I always get it. lately it has came back up to the forefront with people like OG Ron C, Mike G and DJ Mr. Rogers ( Most Prominent in my opinion) making chopped and screwed versions of several of the newer artist out

for instance did you know that theres a Chopped and Screwed version of Kanye's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy?




how about Pilot talk 1 and 2?




or Wiz Khalifa's Kush and Orange Juice?




and One of my New favorites Tyler , the Creator's "Bastard" + a couple of Odd future tracks




there's even a couple of Dom Kennedy tracks chopped and screwed (1997 and Hotels)



which is Dope, i got them all and i've been jammin to them along with my classic screw tapes, some of theese tracks soind amazing screwed up man i reccomend yall check it out for yourselfs, but of course pay Homage to the legend Dj Screw (R.I.P) and buy some of his screw tapes as well

thats my word.. peace

No comments:

Post a Comment